Based in Bydgoszcz, Poland
America: 7th Dec 2017, Europe: 3rd Dec 2017, Japan: TBA
Ninetendo 3ds eShop
80's OVERDRIVE is a 2D pixelart racing game, designed to take you back in time to when 8 and 16 bit consoles and arcade games ruled the world. Compete against opponents in career mode to unlock new races, buy new cars and upgrade them with state-of-the-art technologies! Try your skill in time attack mode and see how far you can get in this race against the clock! Create your own tracks with built-in track generator and easily share them with your friends!
Somewhere around the summer of 2015, we had a talk about ideas for games we would like to see and develop. We used to play a lot of 2d racers when we were kids. We loved them and started to wonder if this kind of games have any sense nowadays. So, to bring good moments back, we returned to playing: OUTRUN, Lotus 3, Crazy Cars/Lamborghini American Challenge, Top Gear Series, Cisco Heat, Jaguar XJ220 and found something interesting. As you play old games they often don't match what your brain remembers about them. After replaying them nowadays, you often feel disappointed about the frustrating gameplay, graphics, cofusing ui, sound. But, there is still something that works right. The simple but addictive gameplay mechanism, precise controls and overall feeling of the game which is lost in modern productions. We try to match the good things of the old and minimise the bad.
- 6 retro supercars such as Penetrator GT, Intruder Turbo and De Loan.
- Handcrafted pixel art graphics.
- 13 synth/retrowave music scores.
- 8 unique visual themes.
- Stereoscopic 3d support.
- Career mode in which racers are competing against each other on various, point-to-point style tracks or do special missions. Player can be also chased by the police.
- Time-attack mode ("Outrun Mode") in which player is fighting against the clock and tries to get as far as they can until the time runs out.
- Track Editor in which players can race on their own tracks. Tracks are be made by editing parameters. This would generate the track code which can be shared with friends.
- Car tuning. Players will be able to upgrade engine, chassis and tyres to improve top speed, acceleration, handling and braking. Car can be also equiped with police radar and nitro boost.
- Old and New 3ds supported.
Nintendo 3ds eShop - America Launch Trailer YouTube
2016 Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Soundtrack by VECTORWOLF
Available for free from soundcloud.com.
About Insane Code
We are a group of skilled developers who love creating, as well as playing video games. Our passion drives us to making fun, high-quality games.
More information on Insane Code, our logo & relevant media are available here.
80s OVERDRIVE Credits